Friday, March 16, 2012

What I did:
- tested paper (2.5 hrs)
- paper research (1.5 hrs)
- illustrations (20 hrs)
- scanning (1 hr)
- book binding (3 hrs)
- test
- looked in to framing & chairs/table (1 min)

What I encountered/discovered/accomplished:
     I sent some of my new paper through the printer. I really like the weight of the 60lb hammermill, but i like the color vibrancy of the mohawk and the color depth of the strathmore. Although I don't know if I will actually need to pick out the paper, as it seems I should probably get everything professionally printed. It was still nice though to play around with the printers. I forget how finicky they are.
     I know I should be done with my illustrations, but they take so long and lately I've been focused on other things... However I would rather take my time and do it right the first time. Although I see the end! Just a few pages left!
     I scanned in some of my finished drawings. Still need to tweak them in photo shop.
     The book binding crash course was awesome. I definitely understand my book a lot better now. I was just going to go in blind and hope everything came out good. But now I have a better understanding of how the pages need to be laid out in indesign and how I need to format them for the printers. I also have a much better grasp on binding. Can't wait to practice more!

What's Next:
     Finish Illustrations and focus on scanning/photoshop so I can have everything sent out to the printers by the 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment